“We never can tell how our lives may work to the account of the general good, and we are not wise enough to know if we have fulfilled our mission or not.“ – Ellen H. Richards
Whether you have mapped out your next thirty years with career directed goals or you are uncertain about the direction you are headed, this organization is unlike any other in the United States. AAFCS serves as the place to come together with professionals who work in the wide variety of disciplines that fall under the umbrella of family and consumer sciences. Members in this organization have made a commitment to life–long learning. So, why join? Benefits to student members include:
- Wide knowledge base with access to experts in multiple disciplines
- Opportunity to demonstrate initiative by holding leadership positions
- Access to latest research
- Scholarships – access the scholarships and stipends page for more information
Student Membership / HUGS
For more than two decades professional members have generously contributed to the Helping Undergraduate Students (HUGS) fund to provide dues assistance to students enrolled in programs in Texas. Dues assistance is available for both new and renewing members by sending your membership application and partial payment to the
Click here for the student HUGS application: TX HUGS Application
For more information on Family and Consumer Sciences programs at universities in Texas, check out the FCS University Programs page.
Student Chapters and Advisors
- Student Member of the Year Award – is based on leadership and membership involvement in the AAFCS-TX Student Unit and personal interview scores.
- Student Family and Consumer Scientist of the Year Award – is based on academic work in family and consumer sciences and personal interview scores.
- AAFCS – Texas Affiliate Student Awards Application
- AAFCS – TX Affiliate Student Awards Interview Score Sheet
Annual Conference Information for Students
Last updated: February 17, 2016 at 20:59 pm