Texas Family and Consumer Sciences Journal
- Prepare document in Microsoft Word.
- Document length. Final submissions of accepted proposals will be checked for word count. Please note and adhere to the following guidelines.
- Research reports – limited to 5,000 words in length. This includes tables and illustrations but excludes references.
- Reviews of literature – limited to 5,000 words in length. This includes tables but excludes references.
- Use Times New Roman font for text.
- Center title and type in bold, all caps, 18 point font.
- Select 10 point font for remainder of manuscript.
- Set left margin at 1” and right margin at 1”.
- Set top margin at 1” and bottom margin at 1”.
- Center author names two lines below title. Add institution affiliation after name.
- Ex. Jay Yoo, Family and Consumer Sciences, Baylor University
- Single space text in document.
- Use standard 5-space paragraph indentations.
- Omit page numbers.
- Use bold typeface for title and subheadings.
- Begin text 4 lines below author names.
- Follow APA format for subheading levels.
- Indicate within manuscript where illustrations (tables, figures, graphics, etc.) should be placed. Follow APA format for creation of tables and figures. They also should be single spaced, formatted for publication. Include a clear JPG file for graphics and photos. These should be at the end of the document.
- For illustrations such as diagrams or photos, avoid severe reduction to prevent loss of quality.
- Pictures will be printed in black and white.
- Secure necessary permission from other authors or publishers, if your manuscript requires permissions, and be sure to include any essential credit lines.
- Follow APA format for references within text (author-date) and also in reference list. Indent first line of entries in reference list.
Email document as attachment to Jay_Yoo@Baylor.edu. Upon receipt, I will respond back confirming receipt and successful transmission of attachments.
A publication fee of $30.00 is required for each accepted manuscript. Checks should be made payable to TAFCS. Send the check to: Dr. Jay Yoo, VPAA Family and Consumer Sciences